When a dog bites a man that is not news, but when a man bites a dog that is news.
Charles Anderson Dana, American journalist, 1819-1897
Soon we will post our 2nd Quarter 2019 Class Schedule in the Lobby Building B.
“Current Participants" must register for all classes offered during the 2nd Quarter of 2019.
Benson 2nd Qtr. Class Registration Dates:
At Home Online Registration
- March 11-13, 2019
- Opens 9:00 am (Mon.) 3/11
- Closes 12:00 pm on (Wed.) 3/13
In Facility Online Registration
- March 18-20, 2019
- Opens 9:00 am (Mon.) 3/18
- Lunch Break each day 12:00-1:30 pm
- Registration Reopens 1:30-3:30 pm
Staff will be available to answer questions, and provide assistance during this time.
- Classes begin (Mon.) 4/1/2019
Your membership application must be updated “annually,” please bring “current” proof of residency when updating.
To register for upcoming classes please bring your Benson identification card with you.
Benson Class Registration Process 2nd Quarter 2019 (instructions) in a pdf format, for download and/or viewing click here:
Benson Class Registration Guidelines
HEALTH & FITNESS
- Participants can only register for 1 aquatics class during registration.
- Classes are held on Mon. & Wed. or Tue. & Thu.
- Participants signed up for more than one aquatics class will be withdrawn at Coordinator’s discretion.
- Participants will not be allowed to enter class after the warm-up exercises are complete.
- Participants that are new to water aerobics are required to register for an introductory course before registering for advanced courses.
- Introductory courses – Arthritis (Basic), Water Fitness I, Water Walking.
Land Fitness Classes
- Proper attire is required:
- Comfortable clothing that allows for ample arm and leg movement. No short-shorts or see-through garments.
- Athletic, closed toe shoes with rubber soles.
- For Yoga, participants may go bare footed or wear specifically designed yoga socks with floor grips.
- Please do not wear strong perfumes.
- There are 3 Circuit Training Classes with a limited number of participants:
Mon & Wed @ 11, Tue & Thu @ 10, and Tue & Thu @ 11.
Please register for only 1 session however participation is required both days of the week.
- Participants signed up for more than one Circuit Training Class will be withdrawn at Coordinator’s discretion.
- Participants are not allowed to register for more than two (2) art classes within the same quarter (painting, drawing, and fiber/silk dye and craft classes).
- Participants signed up for more than two art classes will be withdrawn at Coordinator’s discretion.
- Participants can only sign up for 1 session of a class that offers two sessions within the same quarter. However, if there is space available in the later session participants will be able to register for that class at the discretion of the instructor.
- Participants signed up for more than 1 session will be withdrawn at Coordinator’s discretion.
- Participants may only sign up for one level of a class per quarter.
For example: you may sign up for only one level of Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced courses per quarter.
- Participants signed up for more than one level will be withdrawn at Coordinator’s discretion.
- Participants who want to advance to the next level of class should at least have taken one quarter of the beginner course.
- Participants who have not satisfied a beginner course will be withdrawn at Coordinator’s discretion.
If you wish, you can download a pdf copy of the above Benson Class Registration Guidelines here: